How Does Adoption Work?
The Adoption Process in Florida
From start to finish, Adoption Choices of Florida is with you throughout the adoption process. We understand that trying to deal with an unplanned, unwanted, or crisis pregnancy can be very difficult. That is why we will be with you every step of the way to help you know what your options are and, if you want, to make the adoption plan the will meet your needs and the needs of your child.
Contact us now to learn more about adoption!
I am pregnant. Now what?
While the positive result on that pregnancy test has you asking yourself why or how this could happen, a growing life is forming and developing daily that will force some tough decisions to be made, affecting the lives of many people in the process.
The first step is to seek medical care for your own health. A doctor will determine the due date.
Also, it is very important to stop any alcohol or drug use as the effects can easily cross through the placenta and have negative, life-long consequences for a developing child.
Once you have secured medical care, begin preparing for the next step. You may ask yourself:
- Am I ready for the changes this pregnancy will bring to my current plans for the weekend? The summer? The next 18 years?
- What were my goals for my life before I found out I was pregnant? What are they now?
- How can I plan to support myself and a child? How much do diapers cost? Baby formula? Other baby items?
- Can I handle a child and a job and/or school at the same time?
- What is the father’s role going to be? Can I depend on him to provide me with financial and emotional support and care for the baby?
- What are my parents and friends going to say?
- How can I finish school? Go to college? Start my career?
- Would I be able to physically and emotionally provide the stability, love, and support my child needs and deserves?
Adoption is chosen for many reasons. Some want their child to have a more stable or financially secure home; others don’t want school or career opportunities to be lost by raising a child, and many don’t feel ready for the lifelong commitment of parenting. Whatever your reason for thinking about adoption, learning about all your options will help you make the best choice for you and your child.
If we are working with you before your child is born, we will help you make plans with the hospital so that your time there meets your needs and expectations. We will also work to help you build the relationship you want with the adoptive family.
Once the adoption is done, we will still be there for you. Your needs don’t go away once the adoption happens, and our goal is to make sure you are in a better place after the adoption than you were before. We will make sure that you are getting the medical care, the counseling support, and the adoptive family contact that you need to have a healthy and positive adoption experience.
Contact Adoption Choices of Florida Today for further information about the adoption process in Jacksonville!
Contact us now if you have any questions about how adoption works!