Being a parent is a whole lot more that the act of giving birth. Being a parent means putting the child’s interests first, always. It means giving the child the best chance of having a good life. Being a parent involves providing for the child’s physical, emotional, and mental needs while giving them a stable and loving home. If you are facing a crisis or unplanned pregnancy, and you feel that you are not yet ready for the responsibility of being a parent - no matter what your reason! - adoption may be a choice to consider.
Advantages of Choosing an Adoption Plan
An unplanned pregnancy can majorly impact a woman's life. She may not be financially able to care for a child or an additional child or she may not have a partner to help her raise this child. She may have educational or career oriented goals that can be sorely impacted. She might be young and/or just not ready. The truth is, a woman might be unable to terminate the pregnancy, but also not ready to parent this child. And that's okay!! There is another choice!
There are many advantages of adoption for birth mothers. Adoption can give her a chance to receive an education or achieve other goals. Placing a child for adoption with a loving family who can provide a safe and happy home can be a great comfort for a birth mother and a positive, loving experience for everyone involved!
Studies suggest, women who choose adoption:
- Tend to have higher educational aspirations
- Are more likely to finish school
- Are less likely to live in poverty and receive public assistance
- Are more likely to delay marriage and having other children
- Are more likely to marry and less likely to divorce
- Are more likely to be employed a year after the baby is born
- Are less likely to be pregnant again out of wedlock
One of the biggest advantages of choosing adoption is the ability to still be a part of your child’s life. Many birth mothers are able to stay in contact with the adoptive family and their child through open adoption. They may receive letters, emails, photos, and phone calls regarding the welfare of their child. In some cases, there may even be visits with the child. Birth mothers can be reassured that their child is loved and well-cared for and can be reassured that their decision to make an adoption plan was the right one.
Personalized Adoption Plan
Women who choose to make a personalized adoption plan with Adoption Choices of Florida can be confident in knowing that we can answer your questions and help you create an adoption plan that meets your unique needs. We are not here to convince you what you should do; this is your decision and yours alone. Rather, our compassionate team is here to guide and support you through the adoption process should you decide that this is the right choice for you and your baby. All our birth mothers will receive:
- Financial Stability – From phone bills to healthy groceries, we will make sure that all of your bills are paid throughout your pregnancy.
- Medical Care – You’ll need to keep up with your health during your pregnancy. We will make sure that you have prenatal care from experienced and trusted healthcare providers.
- Safe Place to Stay – If you don’t have a safe place to stay or feel like your home isn’t suitable for your needs during pregnancy, we can provide you with a comfortable place to stay during and after your pregnancy.
- Supportive Counseling – This is an emotional time. Our adoption counselors will be available to hear out your feelings and concerns and help you organize your thoughts.
We offer a non-judgmental environment where our expectant mothers can openly discuss their lifestyles without fear of criticism. In fact, the more open you are with their adoption specialist the more we can help. We can’t address needs we don’t know about.
We are committed to providing comprehensive care for pregnant women as they go through the adoption process. Click here if you’d like to learn more about how the adoption process works. You can also find answers to frequently asked questions here.
Whatever your decisions regarding adoption, the Adoption Choices team will be here to help. We serve the Jacksonville, Miami, and Tampa areas.
Call us at 800-985-8108 to speak with our team.