Adoption in Florida
Get Guidance from a Local Adoption Agency
Are you pregnant and considering to place your baby up for adoption in Florida? Adoption Choices of Florida is the adoption agency to help.
Starting the adoption process is never an easy choice, but with our adoption center, we guide you through every step. You can contact us now or discover the six basic steps in the adoption process for birth parents below. Each one helps you create the adoption plan you want.
Step One: Contact Adoption Choices of Florida
Not all adoption agencies will meet your needs. Adoption Choices of Florida however has a full range of adoption services to meet your needs. Here are a few things that Adoption Choices of Florida offers:
- Licensed – Our agency is licensed, which means we are able to provide financial support to pregnant women who choose an adoption plan with us. We can help with rent and utility bills, food and groceries, maternity clothes and household item, and even help with transportation to work or appointments.
- Prenatal Care – We will make sure you have appropriate prenatal care with medical professionals.
- Personal Attention – We are compassionate professionals; our staff has the professional and personal experience to walk with you through your adoption journey.
- Responsive – We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and we respond to your situation quickly.
- Helping Families Statewide – We serve birth parents across Florida. It doesn’t matter where you live in Florida, we will make sure an adoption specialist is available for you.
Step Two: Make an Adoption Plan
You will work one-on-one with an adoption specialist to create an adoption plan that meets your needs. This includes choosing which type of adoption you prefer which comes down to three choices: open adoption, semi-open adoption, or closed adoption. Each of these options define how much involvement you’ll have with your child and the adoptive family through your adoption journey.
Your adoption plan will also include a budget for support, searching for an adoptive family, making a birth plan, care throughout your pregnancy, and moving forward after the adoption or post-placement support.
Step Three: Review Adoptive Families
Your caseworker will help you discuss what type of adoptive family you are looking for, and to see if you have any specific requirements or requests for your child’s future. From there, your caseworker will present you with several adoptive parent profile books. These are full of pictures, bios, and info about prospective families that the caseworker feels would be a good fit for your baby. You will be given time to review them and choose the couple or individual you would like to learn more about.
Interviewing potential adoptive families can be anxiety-inducing, but we are here to help! We have a list that has 30 questions you can ask if you need somewhere to start.
Step Four: Pregnancy and Communication
Once you are matched with and have chosen an adoptive family, you will continue with your pregnancy, attending medical appointments and keep in close communication with your adoption specialist and (if you chose an open adoption), your adoptive family.
Step Five: Give Birth & Adoption Placement
At the hospital, we will advocate for your birth plan. We will make sure the hospital staff and adoptive family is onboard with your desires. This might include who will be present in the delivery room, if you will meet or hold your baby, who will name the baby, and more. Once you give birth, depending on where you live, you have up to 48 hours to sign relinquishment papers, which terminate all parental rights. The baby will leave the hospital with the adoptive family.
Step Six: Post Placement Support
Adoption Choices of Florida support doesn’t end with birth. We provide counseling at no cost to you. Our counselors have years of experience in the adoption field so they know specifically some of the challenges and hurt you may be experiencing. You may utilize this service right after placement or it may take you weeks, months, or years to call. There is no right time to start counseling to help in your healing. We will be here when you are ready.
Ready to take the first step in the adoption process? Contact Adoption Choices of Florida today!
Get Help from an Adoption Center in Florida
If you are considering giving up your baby for adoption, picking an agency as a birth mother is a huge step in deciding on adoption. It is a step that allows you to connect with a group of people who are there to help you during your adoption journey. There are many reasons to look through the various agencies out there. It is almost like finding the glass slipper that fits your foot.
At Adoption Choices of Florida, our mission is to provide you with the highest level of service, compassion, and support throughout the adoption process. We want you to know first and foremost, you are NOT giving up anything. You are choosing to create an adoption plan that is best for you and your baby.
We also work closely with birth mothers and families to create a unique adoption plan that is right for you. Our adoption experts will walk with you every step of the way, listen carefully to your hopes and concerns about adoption and ensure that you have the most empowering and positive adoption journey possible.
Here are some of the reasons that we believe you should choose to work with us:
- We are a leader in the adoption community. Our agency has assisted a multitude of birth parents, adoptive parents, and children in Florida. We have experienced a variety of circumstances and situations and we are confident we can help. We are non-judgmental, advocate diversity, open communicators, and we are not a faith based agency. We are also a private adoption agency, licensed by the state, which means we are able to provide financial support to birth mothers.
- We support birth mothers. We provide a no pressure environment and will discuss your options of parenting versus adoption. Should you choose adoption, you will be assigned an adoption specialist to walk with you through the pregnancy, birth, and placement.
- You will be treated with respect. Our staff understand the complexity of adoption and how emotional the journey can be. No matter what your situation, though, you will be treated with respect. We are a judgment-free zone.
- Our staff are highly-trained and specialized. Everyone who works for us is committed to providing an ethical, empowering, and personalized adoption experience to all involved in the adoption process. It is our goal to help you have the most positive and successful adoption journey possible.
Our adoption center helps families in the following areas:
- St. Petersburg
- Northwest Florida
- Northeast Florida
We look forward to working with you as you set out on the journey of growing your family!
Call us today at (800) 985-8108 to speak with a friendly member of our team and find out if adoption is right for you!